December 6, 2022
12:00 PM - 4:00 PM | GlobeSt. HEALTHCARE Real Estate Annual Golf Tournament
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM | Registration Opens
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM | GlobeSt. HEALTHCARE Welcome Cocktail Reception
December 7, 2022
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM | Registration & Welcome Breakfast
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM | Keynote Address: The Healthcare CRE Landscape - Forecasting for 2023
With the healthcare industry experiencing an influx in money from investors, the healthcare industry is primed for another strong year. In this session, we will explore industry shifts, demographic changes, and the key trends that will continue to dominate the healthcare industry.
Keynote Speaker: John Chang, Senior Vice President, National Director Research and Advisory Services - Marcus & Millichap
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM | State of Industry: Emerging Trends Shaping Healthcare CRE
Hear from the top leaders in the healthcare space as they provide their views on the trends that are emerging in the healthcare space. In what has been a transformative year, our experts will discuss the outlook for the sector, outline the biggest factors impacting healthcare and offer their predictions on the opportunities and challenges for 2022.
- Sabrina Solomiany, Senior Managing Director, Head of Medical & Life Sciences - Berkadia Commercial Mortgage
- Darryl E. Freling, Managing Principal - MedProperties Realty Advisors
- Julie Johnson, Executive Vice President - Colliers International
- Jonathan Buehner, Senior Vice President - Capital One Healthcare
- Ben Ochs, Chief Executive Officer - Anchor Health Properties
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM | Morning Networking Break
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM | Fireside Chat: Re-Thinking Your Healthcare Portfolio in 2023
As a result of the economic uncertainty, more and more players are pausing on deals and being very selective in their investment choices. With interest rates continuing to rise and securing capital becoming more difficult, it will be essential for healthcare players to prioritize their focus and ensure the asset classes they invest in truly enhance their portfolio. Join us as our speakers discuss how they've balanced their portfolios, the key factors they consider with new opportunities, and how the economic climate will impact the future of their portfolios.
- Troy Freeman, Vice President, Real Estate Management - Banner Health
11:30 AM - 12:15 PM | Lending & Capital Sources: Finding the Best Deal in Today’s Market
While the healthcare market is still considered one of the more reliable options to investors, inflation and interest rates continue to rise leading to a brief pause in investment. The uncertainty caused by inflation has left investors waiting to see what is going on with the cap rates and many are waiting to see how it shakes out. Our esteemed group of panelists will provide their outlook on the market and consider creative deal structures and innovative financing approaches to ensure they receive the best deal.
- Perry Gabuzzi, Senior Vice President - Kidder Mathews
- Jim McMahon, Senior Director, Medical Office / Medical Properties - Capital One
- Elizabeth Randall, President and Associate Broker - Randall Commercial Group, LLC
- Tim Reardon, Partner - MCR Companies
12:15 PM - 2:00 PM | GlobeSt. Awards Luncheon*
*Healthcare Influencers in attendance will be honored during lunch
2:00 PM - 2:45 PM | The Booming Life Sciences: Will it Continue to be a Strong Player?
The biotech and life sciences is still drawing investor intention and could very well be a strong player within healthcare real estate in 2022. Laboratory spaces are proving most popular with the low vacancy rate we are seeing more CRE spaces re-purposed to meet demand. Join this session as our speakers discuss the current state of life sciences, factors that could create shifts in the market and provide insights into the future of life sciences.
- Chris Bodnar, Chief Executive Officer - Prescriptive Capital
- Zack Holderman, Senior Vice President - CBRE
- Peter Conte, SVP and National Director, Laboratory and Life Sciences - Transwestern
- Tom Errath, Managing Director - Harrison Street Real Estate Capital LLC
2:45 PM - 3:30 PM | The Future of Healthcare Facilities & Enhancing the Patient Experience
Driven by advancing technology, increasing competition, and pricing pressure, healthcare delivery is rapidly evolving to become more consumer-centric. As a result, this provides a great opportunity for real estate developers to create new facilities that meet the growing demands of medical care delivery. Our panel of experts will delve into the trends that are driving change within healthcare facilities, provide insights into the key components of the healthcare facility of tomorrow, and offer an outlook into how healthcare facilities may evolve in 2023 and beyond.
- Sean Miller, Vice President, Development - Anchor Health Properties
- Jon Boyajian, Principal - Echo Real Estate Capital
- Paul Mullin, Principal - Flatiron Development Group
3:30 PM - 4:15 PM | New Opportunities for Development in Healthcare
As the healthcare industry looks for ways to reduce cost, increase patient satisfaction and provide greater access to patients, how can healthcare developers be the lever to support these goals? Whether it is the recession resistant medical office or the surge in demand for ambulatory surgery centers, hear our experts discuss the shifts within the last year and how the developers have responded. In addition, hear from leading developers as they consider the key factors when evaluating opportunities and offer an outlook on the development in the healthcare industry beyond 2022.
- Murray Wolf, Publisher - Healthcare Real Estate Insights
- Jake Dinnen, Partner and Executive Vice President, Development - PMB
- John Pollock, CEO - Meridian
- Malcolm Sina, Executive Chairman - Sina Companies
- Burney Dawkins, Senior Vice President, Investments - Healthcare Realty Trust
- Todd Varney, Chief Development Officer and Managing Partner - NexCore Group